Thursday, May 9, 2013

LGBT Communities - Delirio Timişoara

I decided to make LGBT Communities a returning title on this blog. For me, it's important to be part of a community. This second post is about a LGBT Club located in my hometown of Timişoara, Romania.

Delirio Club is a decent enough club where people can go and feel safe in a comfortable, modern and affordable environment. Its opening (which took part late last year) came as a breath of fresh air, given the fact that the alternative was deplorable (in my opinion).



The club is open every day of the week, in the evenings. Special events are taking place almost on a daily basis. And this is great - I mean, in order to generate a community that counts on you and that you can count on, you have to be there for them. And Delirio is. Not to mention the fact that just recently, they had to shut down the place and move the location for a while to a new spot, due to some problems with local authorities and bigoted, ignorant and homophobic neighbors. I'm surprised Delirio managed to survive (the other club didn't and was on an open-closed circuit for a long while, confusing and annoying its clients).

Concerning products Delirio offers: they are varied enough and come at very decent prices. They also have a lot of special events where some of the drinks come at a promotional price. To me, this is a very important factor. I mean - what's the point of going out when you know that you won't afford spending money on more than one drink? The service is absolutely great - the bartenders move fast, look great, know what they're doing and you don't have to wait around for ages to get a drink.

When it comes to music, I'm gonna have to say that I don't really like it. The times I've been there, I can honestly say that there were just a few songs on which I could really dance to. But this is a subjective matter - I like a certain type of music, others like other sorts. But I do believe that their DJs can do a better job than they're already doing.

I'm not a big fan of clubbing in a gay environment. I prefer the regular clubs where I can dance to music that is not commercial or techno. But when it comes to Delirio, I can definitely make an exception. It makes me feel safe and the crowd is okay. For once, I can honestly say that I hope this club survives.

I need to make sure that it's clearly understood that this is an opinionated source of news and information about the LGBT community. I alone assume responsibility for the words written here. Also, I have no affiliation with this club, nor its owner.